What is an EU license and how can I get one?
If you intend to transport goods for commercial purposes in Europe, you’ll need to apply for a community license before you can get started. The community license, more commonly known as an EU or EC license, is an essential document for transport companies that operate in Europe. It entitles its holder to conduct commercial road haulage both domestically and across borders in the European Union.
The license is issued by your local traffic authority and has a validity period of up to 10 years, with the option to renew upon expiration.
How do I apply for an EU license?
Before you you can apply for an EU License you need to complete the following:
1.Register your business as a transportation company in Europe.
2.Obtain documentation that proves your professional competence
- The director of your company and your transportation manager must prove their professional suitability by providing proof of passing an examination set by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
- You can also prove professional suitability if you have worked as a manager in a company that transports goods commercially for at least 10 years, without interruption.
3.Your company must also meet the requirements for financial stability:
- The company must have a sufficient amount of equity and reserves:
- A minimum of € 9,000.00 is required as a reserve for your first truck in your transportation license application, there after each truck will require a € 5,000.00 reserve each.
- A certificate confirming the availability of these funds should be obtained from your company’s bank.
Once you have taken care of these prerequisites, you can make your application for the community license at your local traffic authority.
What documents do I need for the application?
1.Proof of your reliability, these are generally extracts from the following registers:
- The Federal central register
- The Driver suitability register
- The Central trade register
2.Certifications from the Tax office, Health insurance company and a professional co-operative for the transportation of goods, post logistics, telecommunications (BG traffic)
- Your company registration certificate
- Your company shareholder list
- A police clearance certificate
- Your employee social security certificates
- Trade registry extract
- Confirmation of your company’s financial status
- Drivers license certificate
- A complete list of the vehicles to be used
How much does the EU license cost and how long is the processing time?
Find out how TrustedTrucks can help you with the qualification process
TrustedTrucks is a transparent and easy to use platform that enables carriers and forwarders to connect with each other and build trusted relationships. TrustedTrucks helps you to make the qualification process less complex and time-consuming. With just one click a connection can be quickly established with new business partners on the TrustedTrucks network. After a quick qualification review, each party can feel confident doing business with each other. In this way, TrustedTrucks users can be sure that they are working with qualified professionals.
Create your profile in 3 easy steps!
1. Create your profile
2. Find suitable carriers or forwarders
3. Build stable and trusted relationships